Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Biggest Loser season 5 and week two update


Last night Daria, Matt and I watched the season finale of the Biggest Loser. Daria got me hooked on it in week one and I watched every episode throughout the season!! This was the perfect show for me to get hooked on, since I ballooned up to 230 pounds after stopping running for a while, it provided a motivational spark. The final 3 were Roger, Kelly and Ali, I totally was happy with all 3 contestants but wanted to see Ali or Kelly win it for sure since a woman had never won before.

They brought back all of the previous contestants who had been kicked off to see which one lost the most weight and won the $100,000 prize, it was amazing to see all the weight that everyone had lost. Bernie won the $100,000 prize, I couldn't believe how much he lost away from campus, it was amazing. After that they brought out the final 3 and did their live weigh in's, Roger was in the lead and Ali needed to lose 105 pounds to take the title and become the first ever female Biggest Loser!!! Ali won!!! she entered the show weighing in at 234 pounds,at the finale she weighed in at 122 lbs. In all, she lost 112 lbs., or 47.86% of her body weight!!! It was very nice to see her win and to finally have a woman win the Biggest Loser!! Congrats Ali!!!!

Now, today was the weigh-in for our work Biggest Loser, this is the 2nd week and I was feeling pretty good about my chances. I hit the gym 4 times since last Wednesday, I've been eating healthy, and on the weekend drank a lot less and didn't eat too bad. I was the first one to weigh in, my weight from last week was 223.8 and when I hopped on the the scale and it read 219.4!! I had lost 4.4 pounds!! WOO HOO!!!! last week Jennifer lost 5 pounds to take the weekly victory, but this week she lost 3 pounds, and was my closest competitor!! so needless to say I won this week, which is a GREAT feeling, but I know that there will be more weight lost in the remaining 6 weeks of the competition. Softball, Hockey and hopefully Volleyball will all be on the horizon within the next few weeks!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home