Saturday, November 24, 2007

John Butler Trio




So last night I went with my friend Dan and his gf Shannon and her sister to go see the John Butler Trio @ the Ogden. We got there just as the opening band ended which was perfect, grabbed some drinks and headed down towards the stage, we ended up being about the 3rd row from the stage on the far left side, it was a pretty much perfect viewpoint to watch the show.

My JBT exposure started back in 2002, I went out to Washington to see the Dave Matthews Band and JBT opened the show for them. I was completely blown away by what I heard coming from just the 3 people on stage, after I got back from WA I went online and purchased all the cd's of theirs that I could. So I've been a fan from the first day that I saw/heard about them. I also saw them open for DMB at both of the Red Rocks shows in 2005 that I went to and Daria and I saw them earlier this summer at Red Rocks.

Back to the show, it was absolutely amazing, this was the closest I've ever been at one of their shows and I was already blown away by John Butler's guitar playing but even more so now since I was that close and could see how he plays. He is one of the sickest guitar players around, playing an 11 string acoustic, traditional acoustic, banjo, slide guitar, he can do it all. Everyone else in the band is great as well, but John definitely is the star of the show. John caught a cold when he got here so they cut the show 1 song short, and the only thing missing was my baby, but aside from that the show was amazing!!!!! If you ever get a chance to check them out please do, you won't be disappointed!!

Setlist 11-23-2007 Ogden Theater, Denver, CO

Used To Get High
Pickapart
Something's Gotta Give
Betterman
Gov Did Nothing
Caroline
Treat Yo Mama
Losing You
Ocean
Zebra
Better Than
Good Excuse
Funky Tonight

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Dammit I wish I coulda been there!!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Gus said...

yeah, next time they come you're going!!!!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home