Friday, November 09, 2007

It's been a while

So my roomie brought it to my attention that it's been a while since I've blogged, I looked at my last post and holy crap, it has been a while!

The baseball playoffs were amazing, even though the Rockies lost I was able to go to the doubleheader against the dodgers, the wildcard clincher against the padres, game 3 of the Division Series against the Phillies, Games 3&4 of the NLCS against the D-Backs and game 3 of the World Series!!!!! Unfortunately I missed game 4 of the World Series and it brought my streak of attending every playoff game in Coors Field history to an end :-( I can't wait till next year to see what the Rockies will do!!!!!

Everything else is going pretty good, things with Daria are fantastic!!! Everyday I keep getting amazed by her and how lucky I am that she's my girlfriend, I count my lucky stars everyday!!!! Work is going really good, the on call phone isn't the most fun thing in the world but it's only for a week out of every 6 or so, I can handle that.

There are a couple of aspects that I'm not happy with, first off I really want to be a professional poker player, but I'm nowhere near being ready for it, especially after a night like tonight, it felt like I couldn't do anything right and I ended up losing both tourney's along with $40. I think next time I play I will do many things differently and see what happens.

2nd thing is my shape, or lackthereof!!! I weighed myself at 24 hour fitness a few weeks ago and I was 230 pounds!!!!!! This is far and away the heaviest I have ever been in my life!!! I was 170 through high school, 180 when I ran my first marathon and 210 when I "ran" Pike's Peak. I hate the feeling of weighing 50 pounds more than I did a few years ago, yet at the same time I haven't done what I need to do to change things. I need to eat healthy all the time, no more Good Times or pizza during poker, no more 6-10 beers a night during the week, and I need to get my ass in the gym!!!!!!!! Once you have been working out for a long time and then stop it is sooooooooooooooooooo hard to go back!!!! Anyway, I really want to make changes and get back into shape, I'm setting a goal for myself of being back to working out 3 days a week at least as of next week, and hopefully by the end of the year be down to at least 220, hopefully lower. I want to live a long and fruitful life, I want to be here for Daria, my family and friends and I will make the necessary changes!!!!!!! Wish me luck, and stay on my case please if you see me not making the changes!!!!! Thank you :-)

6 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Yes, It was a subtle hint... ;-)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Gus said...

LOL, yes it was, I can't believe it was over a month since my last post!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Travelingrant said...

Ah, drink up will ya?

heh, yeah I know what you mean. I gotta stop eating bar food.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Gus said...

hahaha, yeah I'll definitely keep drinking up!!! it's the gym/running part that I need to get back into :-) and yes, bar food doesn't help at all!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger chinchilla said...

hi hottie,
bar food is good, but better made at home...........yumm

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Gus said...

hi baby!
yes it is, and totally made better at home, we NEED to get Bo's mom's wing recipe!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home