Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An almost perfect Tuesday


So I took yesterday off because the Rockies were having a day/night doubleheader, I haven't been to one of these in probably 4-5 years and I forgot how much fun they are!!
George and I went to the first game (rockies won 3-1) The attendance was announced at 25,000 which seemed more like 8,000 who were actually there. We were able to sneak down to the front row and the game was great, no foul balls were within range for us to snag :-(

After the first game we went to the sports column, had some food and $2 drafts, then met up with dan, his co-worker, stacy and bo. We snuck down again to the front row and were sitting with stacy and bo. During the bottom of the 2nd inning Atkins was at the plate and hit one that was about 2 inches foul and it bounced off the ground, I stuck my glove out and sure enough snagged it!! :-) that was the 13th ball I've got during my life from Rockies games. Just after that the person who had the seats kicked us out (with some attitude since I showed him a ball I got) and we went up and sat with dan and his friend. The rockies won it 9-8 with a 2-run HR from Todd Helton in the bottom of the 9th.

It was probably the most dramatic ending I've ever been to at Coors Field, the only one that's close was the 1995 game against the Giants where we clinched the wildcard. All in all this day was pretty much perfect, the only thing missing was my baby :-) So if you ever have a chance to go to a day/night doubleheader take it!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger chinchilla said...

Haha - I would have been asleep by the 7th of the first game = )

But I'm really glad you got to have such a great day! And a break from me! = )

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Travelingrant said...

Sounds fun! Is Stacy single? ;-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Gus said...

hahaha, yes you would've baby :-)

uh....no, she's Bo's girlfriend :-) sorry bro, we'll find someone for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home