Monday, November 20, 2006

Hot Under The Collar

I don't understand people. Why do people feel a need to constantly take advantage of others? Why do they feel a need to use people who do nice things for them? Why do they try to get things from that person without giving anything in return?

A few months back found out that Alice In Chains was coming to town and got hit up by a "friend" we'll refer to him as "the ditcher" who said he wanted to go to the show, I told him that I'd go with him and pick up the tickets. Got the tickets he said that he'd pay me back next time he saw me. That was 6 weeks ago, talked to him through text on Saturday and everything was set for tonight. Today, sent 3 texts and left a voicemail, no response, so I get off work and can't find anyone to go to the show with me (at this point i'm pissed and don't really want to go anymore) so i head down to the fillmore to sell the tickets. Get there and there are a bunch of people with extra tickets, the only offer i had was for $40. Bought the tickets for $96.41 sold them for $40. that puts me in the hole $56.41, am i ever going to get the money from the ditcher? probably not. Will i get some lame excuse oh, i had my phone off and didn't get your message, probably. And then i'll get some lame sorry and oh i shouldn't have to pay for the ticket since i didn't go. I don't get people!!! If you tell someone you're going to a show with them, then go! If you tell them you'll pay them, then do it!

I've been told a lot throghout my life that I'm too nice, that I do things for people that I shouldn't and whenever i've been told that I respond that's the way i am,"do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is what i live by. It's times like these that make me question wether i should even do nice things for anyone at all (minus my girlfriend, family and really close friends) I mean, what's the point? I'll go out there thinking that this time it'll be different, this time people will actually follow through and not take advantage of me, only to be disappointed again in the end. Oh well, I guess i just need to be more careful in the future. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful gf and friends who let me vent to them and help me get through moods like this!!

On a happier note, spent the weekend with chinchilla bowling friday night with her and roomie, then spent most of the rest of the weekend doing nothing which felt GREAT!! It was sooooooooo nice!!!!! I really had a GREAT time with her (as always) I'm so happy that she's in my life!!

3 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to find a different friend that has the same values as you.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Gus said...

definitely, this person is actually more of an acquaintance than a friend. I actually heard from them on Wednesday saying that they will still pay me for the ticket and apologized for not contacting me so that was pretty cool.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger chinchilla said...

There's something to be said for random acts of kindness - but maybe not with $96 on the line = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home